The RTX 3090 is the leading consumer-grade graphics card with technology designed to impress. With a memory of 24 GB, 1.7 GHz boost clock speed and, PCIe 4, you may hardly find a match when it comes to gaming performance.
To enable its superior performance, you need a high-performance CPU to match its speed. Whether you prefer a budget CPU or otherwise, it is a matter of preference. Below, we have discussed a few options from which you can choose the best CPU for RTX 3090 according to your preference.
Editor note: *TechImperatives.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
2 used from $546.84
- The processor features Socket LGA-1700 socket for installation on the PCB
- 30 MB of L3 cache memory provides excellent hit rate in short access time enabling improved system performance
- 10 nm enables improved performance per watt and micro architecture makes it power-efficient
- Intel 7 Architecture enables improved performance per watt and micro architecture makes it power-efficient
The Intel Core i9-12900K is regarded as the best gaming CPU for RTX 3090. The powerful CPU has the following specs
- Core: 16
- Threads: 24
- Base frequency: 3.2 GHz
- Turbo frequency: 5.2 GHz
It is also considered to be a better CPU than the flagship models of AMD CPUs in terms of power consumption, speed and price and can highly improve gaming performance. In fact, it is considered the fastest gaming processor.
However, the processor would require a CPU cooler since the heat output can be quite high in case of a heavy load on the CPU. This is the one to get for passionate gamers who are not concerned with the cost aspect.
1 used from $408.92
- The world's best gaming desktop processor, with 12 cores and 24 processing threads
- Can deliver elite 100-plus FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- Cooler not included, high-performance cooler recommended. Max Temperature- 90°C
- 4.8 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 70 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
The next suggestion for the best CPU for RTX 3090 is the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X. Its strong suit is the capability to enable personalized performance, which can be adjusted for applications and core features. It has modest power consumption and a stock cooler to cater to overclocking, making it the best gaming processor. In addition to gaming, its features also make it a very suitable video editing pc
- Cores: 12
- Boost frequency: 4.8 GHz
- TDP: 105 W