Your smart home is not complete without a Z-Wave thermostat. It has a huge impact on your comfort level and makes a difference in your electricity bill too.
Z-Wave thermostats can be controlled from a phone or a tablet and can be accessed from anywhere in the world. You can set the thermostat to the perfect temperature without even laying a finger on the thermostat.
Here’s everything you need to know about Z-Wave thermostats:
*TechImperatives.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
What Are Z-Wave Thermostats?
Z-Wave thermostats are thermostats that can be controlled wirelessly through the smart hub installed in your home.
If you do not have any other Z-Wave devices in the home, you will need to purchase a controller for your thermostat to be able to control it remotely.
It becomes a node in your automation system and can be controlled by you remotely no matter where you are in the world.
They let you keep an eye on the temperature of your home and increase or lower the temperature whenever you want. Some thermostats also have sensors to monitor the humidity inside the house.
It can also be programmed such that opening a window will automatically turn off the heating or cooling system. This saves a lot of electricity and subsequently money in the long run.
You will never have to worry about leaving the thermostat on when you leave as you will always have access to it. Even if you do leave it on you can just turn it off remotely, whether you are at work 30 minutes away or on vacation in a different country.
Benefits of Z-Wave thermostats
Here are a few benefits of Z-Wave thermostats:
- By far the best benefit is that it saves you a lot of money on your electricity bill. Heating and cooling take up a lot of energy and being able to switch the thermostat on or off remotely is a game changer for most homes.
- It becomes immensely simple and easy to control the temperature of your home. You can change it while sitting on the couch or on your way home. Some automation systems have voice commands too.
- You can get thermostats with motion sensors that will turn off when there is no one in the room. This saves a lot of electricity and money in the long run.
- It will keep you perfectly comfortable whenever you are at home. You can set a schedule so that your home is at the perfect temperature at all times, whether it is night or day.
- If you own a second home that you rent out or occasionally use, a Z-Wave thermostat could be invaluable to you. You can keep an eye on it from home and prevent a heating malfunction that would otherwise cost you dearly.
- With Z-Wave thermostats, you don’t need to install a separate app to control them. It automatically becomes a part of your existing home automation app and you can access all your devices in one place.
The Honeywell T6 is probably one of the most popular choices.
Here’s a great video we found on how to program it:
Z-Wave thermostats can be a very valuable addition to your home. They let you monitor and control the temperature at home remotely and it automatically becomes a part of your automation system when you install it.