How to Compare Two Word Documents Side by Side
Hello, I'm Tracy from Techimperatives.net. Today, I'll be guiding you on how to compare two Word documents side by side. This comes in handy when you need to spot the differences between two similar documents or track changes quickly.
Opening Word Documents Side by Side
The first step in comparing two Word documents is to open them side by side. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Open the first document in Microsoft Word.
- Go to the ‘View' tab on your MS Word ribbon.
- Click on ‘Side by Side.' A window will open prompting to select another document.
- Select the second document you want to compare.
You should now be able to see both documents side by side on your screen, making it easier to compare and contrast.
Using the Comparison Tool
Microsoft Word also includes a comparison tool. Here's how to use it:
- Go to the ‘Review' tab on your MS Word ribbon.
- Click on ‘Compare' and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Select ‘Compare' again. A window will appear.
- In the window, select the original document and the revised document you wish to compare and press ‘OK'.
Word will create a new document highlighting the differences between the two original documents. This can be very helpful if there are multiple changes that you might have otherwise overlooked.
Remember, you can also use the ‘Synchronous Scrolling' feature to scroll through both documents at once, making your comparison even easier.
And there you have it! With these simple steps, you can quickly and easily compare two Word documents side by side.
I hope this article has made tech seem less intimidating and more approachable. Remember, I'm always here to demystify intricate tech problems and provide simple, easy-to-follow solutions.
Article Written By: Tracy, Techimperatives.net