If you are not happy with your display name on Roblox, you can change it easily.
However, before we get down to the process to change display name, let's understand the difference between username and display name.
Usernames vs. display names
When you first sign up for Roblox, you do so with a username. The username that you entered at signup can be changed later. However, username changes come at a price, i.e., 1000 Robux, the digital currency in the game.
On the other hand, the display name is the one you can see above the in-game character's head in the virtual world and the player lists and chats during the game.
While previously, both your display name and username were the same, now Roblox players can change their previous username to get a different display name, and that too for free. However, if you also want to change your username, you must pay the requisite price.
Change display name
If you have received the update to change Roblox display name, you can follow the following steps. The process is quite simple as Roblox makes the interface quite user-friendly.
- On your laptop go to the the Roblox website and enter your username and account password to log in to your account.
- Open the account settings page by clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- You will see your display name and username and the previous usernames in the account settings menu.
- Now click the pencil icon to edit the display name.
- Choose your new display name, enter it and press save.
Some rules to consider for changing display name
- Your new display name in Roblox should be between 3-20 characters.
- You can change it once in seven days.
- Your previous usernames will be visible to other players, and your account info, including account creation date, will remain the same.
Or check the tubes for some tutorial videos, if you are leaning towards the spoken word, instead of the written one 😉