How to Add Widgets to Lock Screen
Many of us like to have critical information at our fingertips and for phone users, the lock screen is often the first thing we see. Adding widgets on your lock screen can be a convenient and quick way to access important details without needing to unlock your phone. In this short guide, I, Tracy, will explain how you can easily install your preferred widgets onto your lock screen.
Adding Widgets to Android Lock Screen
On older Android versions (pre Android 5.0), widgets can be added to the lock screen directly, but this option was removed with later versions. That's where third-party applications come in handy.
For newer Android versions, here's a simple step-by-step process:
- Download and install a third party app such as ‘WidgetLocker' or ‘DashClock' from Google Play Store.
- Open the application and navigate to settings or preferences.
- Select add widgets and choose your preferred widgets (e.g., weather, calendar).
- Save your settings and close the app.
Your chosen widgets will now appear on your lock screen and can be accessed without unlocking your phone.
Adding Widgets to an iPhone Lock Screen
Adding widgets to an iPhone lock screen is also relatively straightforward operation. Here's how:
- Swipe right-to-left on your lock screen.
- Scroll down and click ‘Edit' at the bottom of the screen.
- You'll see a list of available widgets. Click on the green + button to add a widget.
- Tap ‘Done' in the upper right corner to save your changes.
You can now view your widgets by swiping right on your lock screen.
Widgets bring quick access to information and app functionality without unlocking your phone. Appropriately applied, they can drastically improve your productivity and convenience.
Need More Guidance?
If you need more help customizing your smartphone or tackling other tech problems, feel free to reach out to me, Tracy, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's make tech less intimidating together!