How to Stop Google from Showing Previous Searches on Android
Hi everyone, it's Tracy from Techimperatives.net. Many Android users feel bothered by Google constantly displaying their previous searches. And if you are one of them, you have come to the right place. Today, I will show you, step by step, how to prevent Google from showing your previous searches on your Android device.
Turn off Google Search History on Android
The process to get Google to stop showing previous searches is straightforward. Here's how to do it:
- Launch the ‘Google' app on your Android device.
- At the bottom right, tap on the ‘More' option, followed by ‘Search activity'.
- Tap on the ‘Settings' symbol at the top-right corner.
- Under ‘Google-wide controls', tap on ‘Web & App Activity'.
- Turn off ‘Web & App Activity'. In case this setting is greyed out, it means that your Web & App Activity is already paused, and Google is not saving your search activity.
Deleting Previous Google Searches on Android
If you also want to delete your past Google search activity, follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Google' app and tap on ‘More' and then ‘Search activity'.
- At the top-right corner, tap on the ‘More' option, followed by ‘Delete activity by'.
- Choose the time range for which you want to delete search activity. You can delete activity for the last hour, last day, all time or set a custom range.
- Tap on ‘Delete' to confirm your selection.
And voila! You've successfully stopped Google from showing your previous searches and deleted your search history on Android. For a more private browsing experience, consider using Incognito Mode or a search engine that doesn't track your activity, like DuckDuckGo.
If you have any more tech-related queries, feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com
This is Tracy, signing off, remember at Techimperatives.net, our mission is to make tech less intimidating and more approachable. Stay safe, and happy browsing!